2023 Author: Anita Thornton | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 11:16
Here are some subtle early warning signs of pregnancy. Subtle in some women and precocious in others. It's up to you!
- The first, and not the least, is the delay or total absence of your periods and especially if your cycle is very regular. On the other hand, if your cycle is irregular and you are experiencing a period of stress or extreme fatigue, do not rely solely on this sign.
- Your breasts may become very sensitive to touch. This symptom may also be accompanied by a feeling of heaviness and swelling, while some women even experience slight tingling.
- You may experience extra fatigue and heaviness in your legs not only in the evening, but at any time of the day.
- You notice increased vaginal discharge and secretions becoming thicker and darker (yellowish in color)
- You experience retching and nausea in the morning and during the day.
- You feel the urge to urinate much more frequently.
- You have strong cravings for rather unusual foods.
- You have a marked and suffered disgust for othersfood.
- You are very sensitive and have strong emotional reactions to hormonal changes going on in your body.
All of these symptoms are in response to the many changes your body is going through. Preparing for pregnancy and increasing hormone levels require adjustment from the start. And don't worry about it! These little inconveniences and discomforts will not follow you for nine months. In most cases, they will subside and decrease slowly around 12th or 14th week of pregnancy.
If you notice several of these telltale signs of future motherhood, have them confirmed with a pregnancy test. You can buy it at a pharmacy or ask for a urine or blood analysis in the laboratory. For the purchase of the test in pharmacy, the result is instantaneous. The blood analysis in the laboratory, however, takes a day or two. Laboratory analyzes are very reliable since they demonstrate the presence of a pregnancy hormone from the fifteenth day after conception.
Are you pregnant? What now?
You took a pregnancy test and to your delight, it came back positive! Eh yes ! You are pregnant and will become a mother in less than 40 weeks. A multitude of agonizing questions are already jostling in you? Take the time to take advantage of this wonderful news and know that Mamanpourlavie.com is there to accompany you throughout this great adventure ina thousand and one joys.
To track your pregnancy, view the content of My Pregnancy and subscribe to the My Pregnancy newsletter.
CHU Ste-Justine - Pregnancy and breastfeeding guide
He alth Canada - Genetic Testing and Screening
Throughout pregnancy, we imagine our baby… We dream of this first meeting! As D-Day approaches, it is therefore not surprising that we are watching for any new sensation that could mean that childbirth is imminent
Childbirth has several phases and it is very important to know and understand them since they will specify the stages you have gone through
The last weeks of pregnancy, the wait, for many, is almost unbearable – especially if you have passed the famous expected date of delivery. Here are some signs that tell you that your baby and your body are working… and the birth is coming
To know if your child is using drugs, what signs should you look for? They are not easy to detect, but here is a list anyway
Are you wondering if you are pregnant? These 14 Symptoms in Early Pregnancy Should Give You a Hint and Make You Want to Buy a Pregnancy Test