2023 Author: Anita Thornton | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-07-31 02:08
To know if your child is using drugs, what signs should you look for? They're not easy to spot, but here's a list anyway.
They are not easy to detect because they often overlap with behaviors common in adolescents, such as a change in sleeping habits, a change in hobbies, or even mood swings and different attitudes. Are there any specific clues to watch out for?
Although not necessarily associated with drug use, watch for signs of depression, withdrawal, unkempt appearance or hostility, or changes in school performance or ability to form friendships or actively participate in sports or other activities.
Items to Watch:
- New friendships
- Degradation in school work, absences from school or poor results
- Secrecy surrounding property or activities
- Using incense, home air freshener, or perfume to camouflage smoke or chemical odors
- Subtle changes in conversations with friends, such as secret or coded language
- Wearing different clothes: strong preferencefor clothes that evoke drug use
- Increased demand for pocket money
- Instruments associated with drug use, such as pipes and rolling papers
- Proof of use of inhalation products (hairspray, nail polish, correction fluid, common household cleaners); rags and paper bags are also props
- Bottles of eye drops, used to mask red eyes or dilated pupils
- Disappearance of prescription drugs, especially narcotics and sedatives
This list is intended to give you clues to harmful behavior in your teen that may be drug-related. If you have noticed one or more of these changes in your child, you may want to see your family doctor, pediatrician, your child's school counselor, or another resource person. Share your observations with your child and ask for an explanation of the possible causes of his behavior change.
Warning: As of October 17, the possession and consumption of cannabis will be legal for those 18 years of age and older.
Throughout pregnancy, we imagine our baby… We dream of this first meeting! As D-Day approaches, it is therefore not surprising that we are watching for any new sensation that could mean that childbirth is imminent
Childbirth has several phases and it is very important to know and understand them since they will specify the stages you have gone through
Are you wondering if you are pregnant? These 14 Symptoms in Early Pregnancy Should Give You a Hint and Make You Want to Buy a Pregnancy Test
As a parent, there are many delicate subjects that you must, sooner or later, discuss with your children. We think of course of sexuality and romantic relationships, but we should not forget the consumption of drugs and alcohol either
Testicular cancer and prostate cancer top the list of most common cancers in men. Sad observation: the number of cases could increase to 1.7 million by 2030