2023 Author: Anita Thornton | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-22 03:30
The sun is good for all of us! Same baby? Yes, but in very small quantities. We're talking less than 5 minutes a day because baby's skin is really delicate!
Exposing the hands, feet and face for 5 minutes every day is enough to store the vitamin D necessary for he althy bones and teeth. Naturally, we cream it before exposing it to the sun, even if it's only two minutes!
- Baby's skin is thin, and its tolerance level is very low or absent. That's why the Canadian Dermatology Association recommends that babies under one year old should not be exposed to direct sunlight. Cover the stroller with a blanket or umbrella, use an umbrella for shade, or sit in a densely shaded area.
- If you have no choice to expose it to the sun, never do it between 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., the sun's rays are too strong. Especially avoid midday when the sun is at its zenith.
- As the clouds let the harmful rays of the sun pass through, we cream baby even in cloudy weather.
- We favor the shade first, clothes that cover,hats, sun visors, etc.
- We choose a cream with SPF 30 that protects against UVA and UVB rays. Apply a small amount of product to exposed areas of skin not covered by clothing, such as face, neck and backs of hands, avoiding the eye and mouth area.
- Check the ingredients! No perfume, no alcohol!
- Apply the cream 30 minutes before going out to give it time to fully penetrate. Don't forget his neck, ears and tops of his feet!
- Reapply cream as often as needed (e.g. after swimming) or every two hours.
- It's better for her delicate skin to be covered as much as possible, but no terrycloth in the middle of summer! A light shirt and wide cotton pants, an all-weather hat, ideally with shaded brims, this is the ideal outfit!
- If it's very hot, wet his clothes, he'll be a bit cool that way.
- Here you have to be very careful! It may be tempting to buy sunglasses at the $1 store, but it's better to pay a little more and have real protection for your baby's eyes.
- Children's clothing stores sell good quality. Expect to spend between $10 and $20, it's worth it.
Baby gets dehydrated very quickly! If you are breastfeeding, you breastfeed more often in timeshot. If he drinks formula bottles, from the age of 4 months, you can give him water.
Remember that the sun hits even harder near water and on concrete surfaces! This must be taken into account in the evaluation of the duration of exposure and in the application of cream. Always tell yourself that it is better to put too much than not enough!