2023 Author: Anita Thornton | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 11:16
Are you going to give birth soon and you want to be sure you're ready for the baby's arrival at home? Here is a list of practical items in your routine with baby.
- A nursing pillow: so that you and baby can be comfortable during this privileged moment.
- A breast pump with its accessories: to stock up on milk, stimulate production or even allow dad to give baby a bottle on occasion. However, it is better to wait until after childbirth to get one.
- Nursing compresses: to prevent stains caused by leaking milk.
- A Lanolin-based cream: There are several brands of these creams that help relieve and heal painful chapping that can occur while learning to breastfeed.
Diaper Changing Essentials
- Diaper bag: The diaper bag is essential because it allows you to store all your accessories in one place for have on hand at all times at home or when you go out.
- Changing table:A safe changing table with storage space for diapers and accessories comes in handy. If you don't have enough space, you can still provide a place dedicated to diaper changes to avoid damage and above all to have everything close at hand.
- Diapers: We suggest that you make a good supply of diapers from the start, in fact, newborn babies can spend between 10 to 12 diapers a day!
- Wet Wipes: It's always a good idea to stock up on wet wipes so you're well prepared in case of any unexpected messes! Plan a large size for the house and a travel size for the diaper bag.
- Cream for chafing: Babies' little buttocks are vulnerable to chafing, so we suggest you choose a good cream to soothe and protect their skin.
- A baby bath: You can find several models, some that fit in the sink and others in the bathtub. These baths are made specifically to support baby comfortably while you bathe him.
- A mild soap: Choose a mild soap designed especially for babies to avoid drying their skin or making it sensitive to irritation.
- Thermometer for water temperature: The temperature of the bath water should be between 35° and 38°C, which is approximately the temperature of the body. To ensure that the water is at the correct temperature, it isbest to get yourself a bath thermometer.
- A baby towel: To prevent babies from getting cold after bathing, it is important to dry their skin thoroughly with a towel. We like models for babies with hoods or even sleeves that protect them from the cold.
- Safe Bed: Unless you co-sleep full time, you will need a bed that respects the safety standards. Beware of used beds that could represent a danger!
- Watchdog: If baby is sleeping in his room, you'll love having a monitor that transmits sounds from his room to let you know if he wakes up. Some monitors even offer a video screen so you can see what's going on. Convenient when the house is large or on more than one floor!
- Sleeping bag: As babies tend to fidget in their crib and thus get rid of their blanket, we suggest you use a night bag to keep him warm during the night.
- Night light: To reassure baby when waking up at night while waiting for your arrival, you can use a night light for a subdued atmosphere. Some models also offer sounds or songs to help guide baby to sleep.
Essentials for everyday life with baby
- Stroller: The stroller will serve you for a long time and allow youto take your newborn for walks every day to get some fresh air and exercise.
- A baby carrier: Newborn babies (and even older ones) love carrying. It's reassuring, it offers a great unique chance to bond and what's more, it's an indispensable tool when colic strikes!
- A swing: The swing is perfect for putting baby on for a short time when you have to take care of your responsibilities around the house.
- An activity mat: When baby wakes up, put him on an activity mat to stimulate him with beautiful colors and different sounds.
- Thermometer: If your baby is sick, it's important to monitor their temperature regularly with a good thermometer.
- Mittens: Baby's little mittens are designed to prevent him from scratching his face with his little fingernails when he has sudden movements.
After a day of work, do you like to unwind with a glass of wine? The children are fed, washed and in bed, you deserve it, right? Not having this drink, for 28 days, how does that affect you?
Are you overwhelmed by the amount of baby products and items offered in stores? Here is a list of really practical items to make life easier for moms
The piggy bank is not just a decorative object: it is a good starting point to teach our children about saving. Here are some models and tips to make optimal use of it
Is it raining? Carefree! Here are 10 great ideas to break the monotony and drive away the grayness. From now on, you will appreciate these rainy days even more
We care a lot about the quantity and quality of our toddlers' sleep. Necessary to replenish energy, it also influences their growth. Here are some tips to ensure they have a good night's sleep, even in the middle of a heat wave