2023 Author: Anita Thornton | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 18:44
Movie theaters allow new mothers to follow film releases by offering special mornings for them and their babies.
Little baby, big screen and happy mum: a great combo! When baby is very young, we look for activities that could get us out of the house and we admit that there are not many! Fortunately, we can go to the cinema with baby! Not anywhere, anytime, but still!
Special performances for mums – such as the Matinées pour Mamans - are mainly intended for babies aged 18 months and under, even if we sometimes accept a big brother or a big sister. What is special about these performances? There is a large "parking" space for strollers, changing tables directly in the cinema room, sometimes even free wipes and diapers and a milk bottle warming service. Also, it is an inexpensive outing, because baby enters the cinema for free, only the accompanying adult pays. Indeed, these special performances, even if they mainly attract mothers on maternity leave, are also intended for fathers, grandparents, babysitters and others. Most cinemas offerfilms in French and English version, it's up to you to choose your favorite version!
An appointment well adapted to the mother-baby reality
Matinées pour Mamans offers a completely newborn-friendly environment where mothers can comfortably and peacefully breastfeed, warm bottles and come and go without worrying about disturbing anyone. Every detail counts: this is why the sound level is controlled in such a way as to protect the brand new eardrums of infants and the light is dimmed, but the room is not plunged into total darkness. Of course, it's not complete silence in the room during the screening, but nothing to interfere with listening to the film. You might miss a few minutes or even the end of the movie, but you'll have had a few enjoyable hours with other moms going through the same things as you.
When you register, you will be given a membership card, product samples and information on the course of the sessions.
Here are the addresses of several cinemas offering mother-baby sessions.
- Consult the complete list of Guzzo cinemas
- Check out the full list of Cineplex theaters (2 movies to choose from each week)
- Find a cinema in Quebec
South Shore of Montreal
- Cinema Guzzo Mega Plex Taschereau 18, 3514, boul. Taschereau, Greenfield Park, 450-923-5566
- Cinema St-Laurent, 8333 rue Industrielle, Sorel-Tracy, 450-743-3234
- Cinéma Cinéplex Quartier Dix30, 9350 Boul. Leduc (highway 10 & highway 30), Brossard, 450-678-5542
- Cineplex Odeon Boucherville, 20 Boulevard de Mortagne, Boucherville, 450-449-6404
- Cinema de Beloeil, 450 Rue Serge Pépin, Beloeil, J3G 0C3, 450-464-6666
Montreal and surroundings
- Cinema Guzzo Mega Plex Marche central, 901 Crémazie Ouest, 514-385-5566
- Cinema Guzzo Terrebonne 14, 1071 ch. du Coteau, Terrebonne, 450-471-6644
- Kirkland Coliseum, 3200 rue Jean Yves, Kirkland, 514-866-0111
- Colossus Laval, 2800 rue Cosmodôme, Laval, 514-866-0111
- Star City Montreal, 4825 ave. Pierre de Coubertin, Montreal, 514-866-0111
- Triumph, 1100 Yves-Blais Street, Lachenaie
- Cinémé St-Eustache, 305 Mathers Avenue, St-Eustache, 450-472-7086
- Cinema Fortune, 5401 boulevard des Galeries, Quebec, 418-628-2455
- Cinema Le Clap, 2360, chemin Sainte-Foy, Quebec, 418-653-2470
- Cineplex Odéon Beauport, 825 Rue Clemenceau, Beauport, 418-661-9494
- Cineplex Odéon Ste-Foy, 1200, boul. Duplessis, Ste-Foy, 418-871-1550
Hull-Ottawa and surrounding areas
- CinéStarz Les Promenades, 1100 Boul Maloney Ouest, Gatineau, 819-568-8000
- Star City Hull, 115 boul. du Plateau, Hull, 819-770-7202
- Aylmer Gallery, 400 boul. Wilfrid-Lavigne, Aylmer, 613-248-2526
- Cinema Coliseum Ottawa, 3090 Carling Ave, Ottawa, 613-596-9475
- Rainbow St-Laurent Center, 1200, boul. St. Laurent, Ottawa,613-688-0850
- SilverCity Gloucester, 2385 City Park, Gloucester, 613-749-3029
- Galaxy Cinémas Sherbrooke, 4204 rue Bertrand-Fabi, Sherbrooke, 819-821-9999
- Élisée, 160, Simonds North, Granby
Odyssey, 1401, boul. Talbot, Chicoutimi
- Galaxy Cinémas Victoriaville, 1121 Jutras Est., Victoriaville, 819-357-9098
- Lido Lévis, 44 Kennedy, Lévis, 418-837-0234
- RGFM Cinema in Drummondville, 755 rue Hains, Drummondville, 819-478-8000
- Cinema du Cap, 300 rue Barkoff, Cap-de-la-Madeleine
- Cinema Carrefour Joliette, 220 Beaudry North, Joliette, 450-756-1001
If your theater offers matinees for mom and baby and it is not on our list, please let us know, we will add it.
Dad hen, brave dad, generous dad, funny or touching: here is a selection of dad films among our favorites
To overcome a little temporary depression, forget the cold or simply to rest, we prescribe a movie for everyone. Well wrapped in a blanket, as a family, we let ourselves be transported by beautiful stories
Here are 15 movies to watch for a successful romantic evening
Summer is the season with the most new movies not to be missed! Here are some suggestions for productions to see on the big screen with family or friends
Listening to the films that marked our childhood with our own children is to rediscover your heart of yesteryear. Far from being complete, here is a list of some films that still make us experience great emotions