When it came out of the oven, it didn't elicit any "oh! » or « ah! ". But at the palace, he became king: the whole family loved this moist and fondant cake.
Servings: Serves 8 to 10
Required: 20 cm (8 in) diameter pan. See footnote.
Ingredients for the cake
- 3 eggs
- 150 g (¾ cup) sugar
- 150 g (5 oz) of darkchocolate, cut into pieces
- The flesh of 1 avocado, mashed
- 40 g (1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
1 c. icing sugar
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Cover the mold with parchment paper and set aside.
In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar. Reserve.
In a double boiler, melt the chocolate over low heat. Pour over the egg and sugar mixture, mixing with a whisk. Stir in the mashed avocado, then the flour.
Pour the mixture into the mold. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the top of the cake begins to crackle slightly. Unmold immediately and let cool for 15 minutes at room temperature.
Sprinkle cake withicing sugar just before serving.
- It is important not to use a springform pan, as the mixture may leak out during baking.
- The cake will keep for 2 to 3 days at room temperature, in an airtight container. From the book Gâteaux by Barbara Gateau, Éditions de l'Homme, 144 pages, ISBN: 9782761945875,27,95$