These oatmeal, chocolate and strawberry cookies are really perfect to serve for lunch when you're in a hurry, to enjoy as an afternoon snack or to slip into the kids' lunch box.
In addition to being really good, these cookies are also easy to make, very nutritious and only take a few minutes to cook. In addition, the recipe adapts if you have allergies, is "school friendly" and the possible variations are endless.
Ingredients to make No-Bake, Allergen-Free Oatmeal, Chocolate & Strawberry Cookies
To make our recipe, you will need:
- ¼ cup of WOW butter or Nonuts. If you don't have an allergy and these cookies won't fit in the lunch box, you can also use almond butter or natural hazelnut butter. Mmmmmm!
- ¼ date puree, prepared;
- 2 c. cocoa soup;
- 1 c. tbsp maple syrup;
- 1 c. vanilla extract;
- 1 pinch of s alt;
- 1/2 cup puffed rice cereal;
- 1/4 cup ground chia seeds;
- 1/2 cup ofquick cooking oatmeal;
- 1/3 cup dried strawberries or any other dehydrated fruit your kids love.
- Heat the pea butter in the microwave for a few seconds. Add the maple syrup, date puree and cocoa. Mix well.
- Add vanilla, s alt, cereal and ground chia seeds. Mix until the cereal is completely coated with the mixture.
- Then make balls of 1″ in diameter with this mixture and give it the shape of a round cookie by flattening it. If desired, decorate with chocolate to make it a real treat!
PRO TIP: If the mixture is too sticky, refrigerate 15 minutes before handling the mixture.
To vary the flavor of your cookies (or to make them to your children's tastes!), remove the cocoa, add raisins, cranberries, pieces of walnut, mini chocolate chips or vary the type of butter, for example. I tell you, with this base, the variants are I-N-F-I-N-I-E-S! Yes, it will taste different from my original recipe, but it will still taste good.
To counter allergies and because this recipe is great for lunchboxes, I use WOWbutter or NoNuts. These brands offer a super safe alternative to nut butter.
Making No-Bake, Allergen-Free Oatmeal, Chocolate & Strawberry Cookies Video