2023 Author: Anita Thornton | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-22 03:30
Since I became a mom, my house is always full of life, a bit chaotic, but never flat. Since I'm a mom, I've become a better human, I'm allowed to sing all the way and there are at least 100 other little pleasures that I could name you again.
But today, I especially want to make you want to do a fun craft with your children to celebrate Mother's Day. Plus, it's really more fun to give than a card or chocolate!
The Seed Ball
Originally, this small ball of paper was made of a mixture of compost, clay and seeds. The goal was to toss them along highways hoping the seeds would sprout on their own. But because my version is meant to be given as a gift, so sown and well maintained, I'm going to skip the composting step!
To make your seed balls, you will need:
- Sheets of colored construction paper.
- Warm water
- Seeds offlowers, any
- Silicone molds of your choice. I found my flower molds on Amazon. I love them because you can use them to make 1001 things!
Here are the steps to make flower seed balls for mom:
- Shred the paper.
- Place in blender (or food processor) and cover paper with warm water.
- Mix until the paper becomes a paste.
- Strain through a sieve to remove excess water.
- Add flower seeds of your choice to the mix.
- Take some paper dough and press into a small mould. It should be compact and excess water should be squeezed out to speed up the drying time.
- Leave to dry for 24 hours in the molds before unmolding. Place on a wire rack and let stand another 24 hours to prevent condensation (and mold!) from forming once the bombs are in a jar.
It is possible to offer the seed balls in a Masson jar or in a nice bag made of natural material. Accompany your package with a little note full of love.
For inspirations of original cards, it's here 9 pretty cards for Mother's Day.