2023 Author: Anita Thornton | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 11:16
There is no single recipe for all situations, on the contrary! Whether you are self-employed, self-employed or freelance, there are just as many ways to balance work and family.
Most parents choose to work to fulfill themselves professionally, to assume the rhythm of life chosen or to fulfill themselves personally. Regardless of the source of motivation, the important thing is to be convinced that you are making the best decision with regard to your own situation, personality and interests. Here are four models that require balancing work and family: work outside the home, telecommuting, entrepreneurship, mom at home involved in all kinds of activities.
I work outside the home
This is the most common model. Both spouses work full-time or part-time. This requires good organization, discipline and a sharing of tasks. Here are some ways to do it:
- Use a working time arrangement that will allow you to breathe while being more efficient. For example, one can pick up the toddlers from school and cook the meal. The other will take care of the routine of themorning.
- Never bring work home at night or on weekends. If you think it's impossible, work only after the children are in bed.
- Live in the moment at work and at home. Your self-talk should reflect where you are.
I work from home, I telecommute
Telecommuting is an increasingly popular alternative. With today's technologies – the Internet, teleconferencing, etc. – the communication is very effective. Here are some basic principles to follow to optimize your work-family balance when working from home:
- Clearly define the role of each piece. Even if space is limited, it is important to have a place dedicated to our work in the house.
- Take the time to beautify your work environment, make it your own and give yourself all the means to get off the hook!
- Meal prep, laundry, and housework become good escapes when the job at hand is less appealing. Beware of procrastination!
I'm an entrepreneur
When you're your own boss, there's no time limit. Defining your limits is the biggest challenge for entrepreneurs who want to balance work and family. By being your own boss, you have the freedom to decide your working hours. Ask yourself:
- What are the times of the day when I am mostefficient?
- Am I better in the morning or more of a night owl type?
- How long will I work per week?
I'm home and involved in lots of activities
Yes, parents at home also have to balance work and family; in their case, work can be replaced by volunteering and their involvement in various activities:
- Socialize with other mothers by taking advantage of various activities offered in their area.
- Take advantage of home childcare services or drop-in daycare centers to take time off from their baby to devote time to themselves.
- Getting involved as a volunteer, to acquire or perfect skills that can be put to good use in the event of a possible return to the job market.
Do you recognize yourself in any of these four models? Or maybe even a little bit in each of them… Before declaring victory, make sure you have the winning conditions to succeed in your own model of work-family balance. Here are some coach questions that can help you find the right voice:
- How much time do you want to devote to your work? To your family? To your couple? For you? At your work?
- What is essential for you?
- What makes you have to find ways to get there?
- What action can you take to maintain the desired balance over time?
- What are thethings that are congesting your life?
- How can you eliminate them?
- What do you do mechanically that doesn't give you pleasure?
- How could you reinvent these routine gestures?
You can also think of one of your role models who balance work and family well. Live a day as if you were in his shoes, with full confidence. This role play made a difference? Only the attitude has changed, the tasks performed have remained the same.
No matter what the ideal scenario is, take the time to fill your days with little pleasures and congratulate yourself on your success.
Many children would spend hours playing outside and find it boring to return to the house when they want to play. At what age can we let them play alone outside?
Grandparents are now more involved than ever in the education of their grandchildren, because both parents work, because they are more mobile and in better shape, too. A precious role with their grandchildren, but not always easy to assume
To use known ingredients, to save money or for the pleasure of making something yourself, we can make our own reusable baby wipes. Here's how. The methods and freshness of washable wipes Not all do-it-yourself mothers have the same methods when it comes to washing their babies' bottoms or cleaning children's hands.
The piggy bank is not just a decorative object: it is a good starting point to teach our children about saving. Here are some models and tips to make optimal use of it
Do you remember? Your first holiday camp. First sleeps out of the house. The smell of the campfire. The little mattress. Hebertism. Lake. Marshmallows. Sweet memories! We therefore understand the importance of choosing the right camp for your child