Whether you are traveling for pleasure or business, the preparation of the suitcases must be planned in order to avoid inconvenience.
What to wear on the plane?
An imperative: comfortable shoes, ideally a pair that will be useful during your trip. Wear socks, walking through detectors barefoot is not very hygienic! Wear light clothing in several layers to better adapt to temperature changes. We prefer jackets or cardigans with buttons or zips, which are easier to remove than sweaters which must be put on over the head and which can be easily stored in hand luggage. Use good taste, it shouldn't look like you're going camping in the woods!
The art of packing
Try to pack your bags at least 2 days in advance, so you can add items you might otherwise forget at the last minute. Ask your airline about the weight allowed for each suitcase and be careful about overloading.
- Roll up jeans and sportswear, put them in the bottom of the suitcase.
- Layer up knitwear and blouses by slipping the most fragile items between layers of clothing.
- Fill your suitcase well, its contents are less likely to shift and break.
- Roll up t-shirts and underwear and tuck them against the crease of delicate clothing inside to prevent wrinkling. Separate shoes from clothing by putting them in plastic bags, which will be useful for storing your dirty clothes.
- Tuck your socks inside your shoes to keep their shape and maximize your storage space.
- Button your blouses and place tissue paper or your plastic bags from the cleaner between your chic outfits to avoid creases.
- If you're traveling for business, take a suit bag specially designed to carry your suits without creasing them.
- Finally, keep the heaviest objects on top of your suitcase (shoes, beauty bag, etc.) to prevent your clothes from slipping.
What clothes to bring?
First think about the activities you want to do and find out about the temperature of the country. Play with coordinates. By opting for clothes that match and interchange, you will considerably reduce the volume of your luggage. Choose wrinkle-resistant clothes containing synthetic fibers such as polyester, nylon or acrylic. Bamboo fiber is also popular when traveling because it is wrinkle-resistant and very soft, in addition to absorbing body moisture.
For sun destinations, as you will spend most oftime in a swimsuit, bring several so that you always have a clean and dry one. A waterproof beach bag would be ideal, as sometimes there are small isolated showers in the exotic islands. Plan clothing for excursions. If you go on a cruise, usually the outfits are more chic.
The essential clothes
- Knee-length dress, wrinkle-resistant material, neutral color
- Skin-colored, seamless microfiber underwear (will be invisible under any of your clothes)
- Pachmina to cover your shoulders
- Jeans & stretch pants
- Walking or running shoes
- Women's shoes or sandals
- Hat or cap
- A tote bag for the day & the plane
- Denim jacket to wear with your pants and even with a day dress
- Swimsuit (even if you're not going south, you might find it useful, since most hotels have swimming pools or spas)
- Workout clothes: why not? Some hotels offer rooms for this purpose
Enjoy your vacation and only bring what you will actually use. There is no point in overloading yourself, especially if you visit several destinations and have to travel often!
Have a good trip!