2023 Author: Anita Thornton | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-07-31 02:08
Guilt is hard to describe in words, yet when this ugly feeling rises within us, accompanied by its incessant and persistent monologue, it becomes distinctly evident.
Mmm, typically feminine as subject! Personally, I have rarely seen my spouse feel guilty: he does what he has to do and it simply stops there. Why, like mother, do we torture ourselves like this? Since I have my children, I have worked hard to keep this insinuating and oh so unpleasant feeling of guilt away from me! Do you know what? That works! Happy reading!
What is this famous guilt?
Guilt is hard to describe in words, yet when this ugly feeling rises within us, accompanied by its incessant and persistent monologue, it becomes distinctly evident. It's having the impression of never doing enough, of always wondering what others will think of it, the fear of saying no, the need to please everyone, in short, of not accepting be and live what you really want.
Guilt can completely exhaust working parents: it increases stress, it consumes energy reserves, it preventssurrender fully to the present moment, and above all, it creates doubt, the doubt of having made a good choice or of acting well.
How do you free yourself from guilt?
Obviously, there are no miracle recipes. I only have in mind the expression: "when you want, you can…" It's so true, perseverance is required to put an end to guilt, but what a release! Here are some ideas:
- Organize in a way that satisfies us, set time blocks for certain tasks and stick to them. This avoids thinking about it at other times;
- Respect yourself in your choices without comparing yourself. To each mom her situation!
- Choose now to treat yourself, no need to wait for the holidays;
- Visualizing our goals as if they were already achieved, it's amazing the difference it makes inside us and in our actions.
I love the phrase "it's all about perception", but it's not so easy to think, be and act differently in a situation where you keep going over the same things events in our head. Here are some coaching questions that will help you move away from situations that cause you to feel guilty.
- What are your personal values? When we live in connection with our own values, not those that society conveys, it is easier to accept the meaning of our actions;
- What are your expectations? Yours really andnot what you think people ask you. One way to make it all clear for you and around you is to set goals and make them known;
- What is the gap between your life and what you really want? Reducing this gap is a generator of success and well-being;
- What makes you relax and gives you pleasure? Don't just think about it, act! And I forbid you to feel guilty!
The answers to these questions are as numerous as they are different. They will guide you to what you want most, and allow you to enjoy every moment in a life that resonates with the people you love.
Your child suddenly refuses everything you offer him overnight and you wonder what could be behind this behavior?
If you are unhappy and frustrated, it is quite possible, even quite normal, that you question your relationship. When things go wrong, before you come to a breakup, what options are available to you?
You don't need a big gift budget when you have a lot of imagination. Here are some gift ideas to make yourself and that will really please those who receive them
Often we joke that guilt is the business of women and even more so of mothers. Let's admit it's kinda true
It's my fault… The feeling of guilt already inhabits many women, but the lot of responsibilities accompanying pregnancy gives it even more power