2023 Author: Anita Thornton | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 18:44
Many young mothers want to start exercising again, but they all have a problem: they have to take care of the baby.
There are many ways to get in shape or lose weight after childbirth. As stated in my previous text, combining breastfeeding with physical activity is the best way to lose weight. Thereafter, it is really the lifestyles that will make the difference. But to do that, you need time when your partner can take care of the baby. This is when you can practice the exercise of your choice and burn as many calories as possible to regain your figure.
Obviously, if your spouse works during the day, this is an option that is quite impractical. You have to do chores around the house taking care of the little one and when he sleeps you can relax a bit. In this case, physical conditioning during the day will be more difficult. But there is a practice that is done a lot in the rest of the world: the baby carrier.
Very useful reasons to carry your baby
This practice, which is now a little more common in the West, will allow you to have much greater autonomy. You cango about your business while having your little one with you, and that's the beauty of it. Why not do your workout with your baby on you then? This is how you will be able to do your exercises while having many other advantages. On the other hand, women who have had caesareans will have to start doing it later. But don't worry, it's only long enough for the stitches to recover. Doctors now recommend that women resume their activities as soon as possible, so that they do not have the reflex to flex their trunk unnecessarily to prevent stretching of the scar.
Benefits of Walking
Walking is a great activity to get back in shape after giving birth. This is an activity that is really interesting and practical because:
- you can practice it everywhere;
- it costs nothing;
- it allows you to get to know your neighborhood better;
- risk of injury is almost non-existent;
- you can do it at your own pace.
Even if it may not seem intense to you, the important thing is to do it daily. Since most of you will be off work for quite a while, this is the perfect time to do so. It takes motivation, but you will be able to. The body will react better to an energy demand every day compared to only 2-3 times a week. Plus, you'll feel the he alth benefits faster.
Practical side of walking with the baby
- You can do your shopping without having to drag him into his seat and put him in the car. It saves time that you do so.
- You reduce your gas costs related to your car. It is also a gesture that is good for the environment.
- It allows you to change your air and see something else in your day.
- It's another way to put him to sleep and make the baby feel safe.
- It allows you to have more vitamin D, especially in winter, which has many he alth benefits. Increase calcium absorption, reduce the risk of depression and prevent osteoporosis to name a few.
These are just a few examples to explain that it can bring much more than you think. You just have to start doing it and you will discover many beautiful things.
Benefits for the baby
Many young mothers are afraid of not giving enough to their child, of doing the wrong things, of having the wrong methods, in short of not being up to the task. The carrying has many benefits and here they are:
- it increases the child's sense of comfort and security;
- it creates a bond of trust with the little one;
- it keeps him warm;
- it allows mothers to be informed more quickly of any change: hunger or a full diaper;
- and it helps the little one to strengthenhis neck which is not always very strong at a young age.
You see once again that there are many advantages for the baby to adopt this practice. Plus, it lets you do chores that need to be done around the house.
Benefits for the mother
The physical benefits of walking for the mother are there. It is an activity that will bring a lot to the women who practice it. Even if it's not a practice you have every day, you will still enjoy these benefits.
- The baby's weight will have a big impact on the intensity of your walk. Since it weighs at least 10 lbs, it is an excess weight that you have to carry for the duration of your walk. Moreover, the fatter it gets, the more weight you will have to carry and the more energy you will have to provide to support it. Of course, your body will adapt by strengthening the thighs and buttocks. This is exactly what you want.
- After walking with your offspring, your body will be filled with endorphins which will make you feel really good and relaxed. In addition, the endorphin will help you fall asleep when the time comes. Of course, some of you don't get much sleep, but this will allow you to do so whenever you have the chance, without a problem.
- This walk will also help you reduce your level of anxiety. Again, it's related to endorphins. Whatever the cause of this stress, it will help youto decrease it.
- For those who walk almost every day, getting back to training is much easier. The body has remained active and you will be able to reach much higher intensity peaks. This will obviously help you lose the excess weight you've put on over the past nine months.
- The more fit you are, the greater the ability to increase the intensity. Go for a walk with the little one on streets that are steeper and require more energy. By walking with an incline, you are able to achieve the same heartbeats as with running. In addition to working the calves and strengthening the lower back.
In closing, I strongly suggest that you see a competent and trustworthy personal trainer who will help you in all your endeavors. He will be able to assess your body composition, fat and weight, to monitor your improvements and changes. This way you will keep your motivation and it will help you to want to do more.
You know it: exercise is essential for a he althy pregnancy. But as a mom-to-be, what physical activities should you focus on?
Before choosing a sports activity, make sure to find one that matches the child's personality so that he or she will want to participate. Here are some ideas for different types of children
“In May, do what you please,” the saying goes. This is excellent advice and we have just found several family activities that will please you
Music? Dance? Swimming? Circus? Theater? Scientific experiences? The choice of extracurricular activities is great. Very large. Here are some tips for choosing the right activities for your children
The age of consent, also known as the “age of protection”, refers to the age at which a young person can legally consent to sexual activity