2023 Author: Anita Thornton | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 18:44
Are you discouraged by the idea of going to the gym for an intense session of exercises? No need to put the package from the start! We help you get in shape gradually.
Afraid to step on the scale because you know it won't give you good news? Are you desperate to regain your former form, but you are not sure how to go about it? We have good news for you! You don't have to run the marathon the first time; it is better to take one step at a time and gradually increase your stamina. This way of doing things will prevent you from eroding your motivation because you are discouraged by unrealistic expectations requiring too much effort!
Indeed, getting back in shape does not necessarily mean that you have to immediately change everything that is part of your routine. Let's be honest: when you get used to a certain lifestyle, it's not easy to make changes, even if you are full of good will! It is better to start slowly, to give yourself time to get used to the new routine. Moreover, this advice is valid for everything: the human being is routine and therefore needs a certain time toadapt to novelty.
Before beginning physical activity, it is recommended that you consult your doctor or a sports specialist to assess your ideal level of daily activities. By choosing a pace of activity that really suits you, you can really get active again.
Getting out of a sedentary lifestyle
Your reasons are many: you want to reduce your risk of developing diseases, you want to lose weight, improve your endurance, and more. But how can you be sure that your desire to change your lifestyle will not end in failure? It's easier than you think! Here are some tips to help you:
- Start with simple stretching exercises to retrain your muscles;
- Choose realistic goals: start with walking before running, and gradually increase the effort when you are comfortable.
- Choose an activity that turns you on: doing something we don't like doesn't motivate us to continue.
- In the beginning, do several short exercise sessions daily to reach a minimum of 30 minutes per day. This will save you from getting discouraged.
- Take a break when you can't take it anymore. You can start over when you're ready.
- Get the right equipment: comfortable shoes and clothes, training accessories.
- Use items that are part of your everyday life (e.g. canned goods) in your free time todo some strength exercises, which will give you energy to start more advanced exercises.
- Eat he althy, and often. When you train on an empty stomach, you lack energy, which means you have to expend even more energy and you feel tired. Nothing to help our motivation!
- Respect your limits and listen to the signals your body sends you.
- Let your body recover properly between each exercise session to avoid painful injuries.
Physical activities for beginners
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Go shopping on foot instead of using the car
- Is it dinner time at work? Take a walk instead of chatting with your colleagues around the table.
- Brisk walking
- Exercise Ball
- The bike
- Cardio Stroller
Are you looking for an exercise regimen to help you get in shape? Visit the 5/30 He alth Challenge for easy exercise routines for beginners.
You don't need to spend a fortune to get fit! The PlayCoach Fitness Fitness app helps you with exercise videos, exercise programs and more! Awesome for under $5!